On almost any day of the year you can find a Slow Food event taking place somewhere in the world – with our active network organizing events to promote good, clean and fair food, and celebrate local products and traditions.
Slow Food organizes a number of large international gatherings that bring together our network from around the world to share knowledge and experiences. These include:
- AsiO Gusto – the biennial celebration of the food traditions of Asia and Oceania.
- Cheese – dedicated to milk in all its shapes and forms, held every two years in Bra, Italy.
- Eurogusto – a celebration of European food and culture held every two years in Tours, France.
- Indigenous Terra Madre – a meeting of representatives of indigenous communities and food producers from around the world. First held in Sweden in 2011, the next meeting will be held in India in 2015.
- Salone del Gusto and Terra Madre – the global meeting of the Slow Food and Terra Madre network held on even years in Turin, Italy.
- Slow Fish – a biennial event dedicated to sustainable and artisanal fishing, held every two years in Genoa, Italy.
- Terra Madre Day – a celebration of local food with local-level events organized in communities around the globe every year on December 10.
In addition to the world meeting of food communities held every two years, the Terra Madre network organizes many local and regional meetings.
Each of the 1,500 Slow Food convivia around the world organizes a number of events each year.
Full 2014 events calendar